Monday, February 5, 2007

Review: I Love New York

While flipping through channels this evening, I happened to fall upon VH1. A show called "I Love New York" was on, and because I didn't have anything else to watch, I stayed on the channel.

"New York" is Tiffany Pollard, a reality tv star who first showed up on VH1's "Flavor of Love." The public liked/hated her so much, she ended up with her own show.

The show started out with 9 guys, all fighting for New York's attention. They are almost all African-American, except for a random white guy. He is called "Mr. Boston," and played out to be a huge dork. His nasal voice, mixed with his "geeky" clothes pinpoint him as a target.

The guys have to split up in 3 groups, and make New York's chihuahua a doghouse. The men who build the best one will go on dates with her later that night. She ends up picking 3 guys, and the leader of that group gets "something special." New York plays it up to be sexual, but as a viewer, I figured that it was just innuendo. Strangely, she and one of the winners is seen in her bedroom in sexual poses. I guess it wasn't innuendo after all.

All in all, the show pretty much stunk. It was yet another reality show that wastes channel space.

No comments: