Sunday, February 25, 2007

Review: Mario 64



While reminiscing the other day, I realized how much I used to love the game Mario 64. I was never really into video games, but my little sister and I really enjoyed a few Nintendo 64 games.

I went online to the website craigslist.org, and asked if anyone had a system and games. A guy wrote me, and said that he had one with a few games and controllers for 25 dollars. I traded him a Wal-Mart giftcard, and drove home with my system.

I started playing Mario 64, and became sort of hooked. It's a really fun game, with varying levels of difficulty. I have to use walkthroughs to get through a lot of the levels. Whether or not you use walkthroughs or not, if you can't beat one level, you can go on to another, and beat those. All in all, you need 120 stars to beat the game. There are around 6 games in each level, and each gives you a star.

Mario 64 is a good game, except for the camera angles. There are so many times in which you're almost unable to see what you're doing, just because of the camera angle. If Mario stayed in the middle of the screen, all would be fine, but he moves around with and/or against the camera.

No comments: